Trauma Informed Practices
Trauma Informed Practices (TIPs) is a strengths-based approach grounded in an understanding of the impact of trauma and creates opportunities to rebuild a sense of control and empowerment.
This infographic provides strategies to create a learning environment where everyone feels safe, the importance of understanding how trauma impacts a child's behaviour and the various ways to be trauma informed in the classroom.
For more information on Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) view the infographic on our website here.
Published: July 2023
- Trauma-Informed Care Implementation Resource Center
- SAMHSA’s Concept of Trauma and Guidance for a Trauma-Informed Approach
- Alberta Health Services Trauma Training Initiative
- Government of British Columbia Trauma-Informed Practice Resources
- Fraser Health’s Trauma & Resiliency Informed Practice (TRIP) Program